Contact Us Today!
AC Repair in Brea, CA
Effective & Lasting Orange County Air Conditioning Service
In sunny California, a functioning air conditioner is an absolute must. The last thing you want is to deal with a broken down system in the middle of a heatwave, but when that happens, Econo Air is here to help. Since 1982, our team has delivered customized, reliable heating and air conditioning solutions to homeowners throughout the area. We are highly trained and certified, which means you can count on us to quickly repair your system and get it back up and running in no time. Turn to us for you AC repairs in Brea, and we guarantee your 100% satisfaction!
Signs You Need AC Repair
Whether due to extensive use, lack of maintenance, or time, your AC will probably need the occasional repair. In order to avoid a full-blown breakdown, it is a good idea to become familiar with the signs that you need to repair your AC.
You should schedule AC repair in Brea if:
- Your outside unit is frozen or leaking
- Your air never seems to be cold enough
- Your AC unit is making some strange noises
- Your airflow is weak
- Your AC cycles on and off constantly
- Your AC is sending strange-smelling air throughout your home
- Your home is too humid
- Your thermostat isn’t working
Ignoring problems with your AC is never a good idea. Even issues that seem relatively minor can quickly worsen and cause major damage. As soon as you notice something is wrong, reach out to the pros at Econo Air. We will arrive promptly, in fully stocked trucks, ready to perform professional repairs.
AC Running but Not Cooling?
There can be multiple reasons behind an AC not working and not delivering cold air.
Here are some common reasons and troubleshooting steps:
- Thermostat Settings: Check if your thermostat is set to the correct cooling mode and temperature.
- Dirty Air Filter: A dirty filter can restrict airflow and cooling efficiency. Clean or replace it.
- Low Refrigerant Levels: Insufficient refrigerant may require a professional to recharge it.
- Blocked Condenser Coils: Examine the outdoor unit for debris that might obstruct the condenser coils.
- Compressor or Electrical Issues: Problems with the compressor or electrical connections could be affecting cooling.
How to Prevent AC Breakdowns
While AC breakdowns are incredibly frustrating, they are also almost entirely preventable. At Econo Air, we offer preventative AC maintenance guaranteed to keep your system in better shape for longer. Routine AC maintenance involves a thorough inspection, a safety and performance check, cleaning dirty components, lubricating motor parts, changing out dirty filters, and performing an overall tune-up.
By carefully inspecting and testing each component of your system, your technician is able to identify any potential problem areas and take care of them before you are stuck paying for extremely expensive repairs or part replacements.
In addition to preventing breakdowns, routine maintenance increases the efficiency of your system, improves your indoor air quality, enhances your indoor comfort, lowers your energy bills, and provides you with peace of mind.
AC Repair Vs. Replacement
Whenever your AC breaks down you can do one of two things in the Southern Californian heat. You can either replace the unit outright or opt for AC repair. While repair may seem like the financially wise decision, it actually costs you more money in the following situations.
1. Your AC is older than 10 years old - On average an air conditioning unit usually lasts from 10-12 years but if your unit is much older, you shouldn't sink more money into repairing a dying unit.
2. It required repair after repair - Our Brea AC repair experts will always be in to fix your AC if it breaks down, but you shouldn't be getting to know them by name they're over so often. If you need repair after repair, do yourself a favor and make the switch to save in the long run.
3. The unit only uses R22 Freon - Because of the 2020 Freon Ban, AC units that require the banned substance will only get more expensive to run as the coolant becomes increasingly scarce. While the use of the coolant is perfectly okay, it will become cost prohibitive in due time.
Econo Air Is Available 24/7!
At Econo Air, our team is here to be sure your AC keeps you cool and comfortable all summer long. The last thing we want is for you and your family to have to suffer through the summer heat without a functioning air conditioner. So, no matter the time of day or night, if your system is on the fritz, we are here to help. We are on call and ready to provide emergency repairs in Brea 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can count on us to arrive promptly, provide an accurate diagnosis, and determine the best possible solution to the problem at hand. Our Brea AC repair experts are guaranteed to get the job done right the first time, every time.
Good Crew, Good Work, Good follow up, Good clean up.- Patrick M.
Econo Air installed our new system two years ago and is maintaining it regularly. It works fantastic. We got our deal through Costco and it included a solar panel dedicated to the AC and their patented Mizer (house fan). We have never been so comfortable.- Phil S.
Great service from the initial customer service phone call through job completion.- Hank H.
Econo ‘s staff is always friendly and helpful. The techs are outstanding and courteous. They always do a great job.- Elsie E.
Econo Air installed my air conditioning unit when I moved into my older model home which did not have AC. They did a wonderful job on the installation and now they do the annual maintenance for it. I am very happy with everything that they have done for me- Carrie G.
Blake Coleman saved my life. Lol. We he arrived my house was 88 degrees and I am working from home. He made a quick diagnosis, the capacitor, and got us up and running quickly. Thank you Blake!- Barbara F.
Though it's still early, I am still extremely pleased with this company. We've muddled through some hiccups regarding paperwork permits, & permissions!! Ask me again after the actual installation!- Jo Anne A.
Simply superb maintenance. Friendly, good communication skills. Trustworthy.- Rodney P.