Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to an enjoyable summer in Southern California is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Econo Air consistently recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass, and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. cut the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning services and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Econo Air in Southern California at (714-710-1070 today. Or, schedule an appointment with us using our convenient contact form.