Having routine air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Southern California season, have the specialists at Econo Air complete your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to unlawfully freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for proper airflow in the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to guarantee an adequate sequence of operations.
- Examine electric terminals, clean, and strengthen connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We advise checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Econo Air today at 714-710-1070. You can even use our contact form to schedule an appointment for your maintenance visit.