With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner is working at top efficiency, it can trim a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could dramatically increase your bills and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Econo Air professional do air conditioning service at least each year is critical to keeping your system operating well for a while. He or she can make sure the unit is running as it should be and can identify looming issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might hurt your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on factors like owning house pets or having home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at Econo Air a call at 714-408-2202 or schedule an appointment online.