Why is Indoor Air Quality Important?
Today’s homes are well sealed and insulated. This makes them energy efficient, but the minimal airflow could cause uncomfortable air conditions inside as the same air is continuously re-circulated throughout your home. This recirculation can throw off your home’s humidity balance and could cause damage from mold. Don’t worry, though, because Econo Air in Brea can help you make your house an energy-efficient home that is also comfortable!
Allergies and Other Health Problems Could Be a Result of Poor Air Quality
Is your home healthy? It’s possible it’s not as healthy as you think. Imperceptible particles and chemicals carried through your home’s air may result in headaches and allergy flare-ups. And mold and mildew can cause a lot of health conditions.
Keeping a continuous flow of fresh air in your home is key.
Reduce health-threatening pollutants and make your home as comfortable as possible by making sure you have a constant flow of fresh air. You might like to open the windows, but that only works in favorable weather. Plus, open windows can let more allergens into your home. So what is the answer? A whole home ventilation system brings fresh outside air in with your conditioned air.
We Offer Indoor Air Quality Audits in Brea
When you get home after a stressful day, you shouldn’t have to think about how clean your air is. You expect it to be fresh and clean – just like (if not more than) outside. However, it’s not uncommon for the air outdoors to be cleaner than the air inside. The only way to be sure that you’re breathing healthy air inside is to have an indoor air quality audit done by Econo Air in Brea.
We’ll test all the areas that affect air quality, including temperature, humidity, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, particulates (dust) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). We’ll run tests to identify your home’s weaknesses, whether that’s letting in dust and allergens or not allowing enough ventilation. After analyzing results from the tests, our team will explain the issues we found and any opportunities and areas of improvement.
We’ll show you the potential indoor air quality problems and help you take the next steps to a healthier home. Book your appointment by phone at 714-408-2202 today. Econo Air is your company for an indoor air quality audit in Brea.
Breathe Easier and Healthier with Indoor Air Quality Systems
When it comes to indoor air quality we normally only think about it when it’s time to swap out the air filter. But what if I told you that your air could be even cleaner? After all, there are still contaminants, allergens and bacteria in the air that you’re breathing. However, something as basic as adding a ventilation system can help keep your home’s air as clean as possible.
With everything from the cleaners below the sink to our carpet giving off fumes and gases, our home’s air could use a little more than the air filter to help out. And when you realize the amount of time we are indoors, wouldn’t you want to ensure you’ve done everything possible to make it the most pleasant, clean air possible?
There are a number of options to help clean your home’s air even further, so let Econo Air in Brea help find the perfect fit for you and your home.
So while indoor air quality systems could seem a little overwhelming, the pros at Econo Air are happy to partner with you to handle everything that the Brea environment can throw at your home’s air quality. In Brea, ventilation systems go nicely with a number of other indoor air quality products, so contact the experts at Econo Air to find the perfect choice for your home and budget.
Whether you have already identified what specific indoor air quality problem you need to take on, or if you’re just wanting a tad more information on how to clean up the air in general, give Econo Air a call at 714-408-2202 or set up a free appointment with our online scheduler. We’d be glad to answer any questions you have so that you can take your indoor air quality to a whole new level.
Control humidity for your comfort and health.
We recommend maintaining your home’s relative humidity levels between 30% and 60% for your best comfort and health. Watch out for these signs that your home is too humid:
- Regularly damp areas
- Musty odors
- Condensation stains on the ceiling
- Condensation or frost on windows
- Sticky or clammy feeling in the air
- Peeling wallpaper
- You have to operate your air conditioner more frequently to stay cool and dry
- You can also run into problems with your health and home when the air is too dry. During colder months, indoor relative humidity can be as dry as some of the world’s most parched deserts. If you notice any of these symptoms, the humidity in your home could be too low:
- Recurring allergies or respiratory illnesses
- Scratchy, sore throat or excessive cough
- Dry, irritated nasal passages
- Dry, itchy skin
- Chapped lips
- Static shocks
- Cracked, peeling wallpaper
- Warped or cracked wood
- Damage to household furnishings
What should you do if your home has a humidity imbalance? Call Econo Air in Brea at 714-408-2202. We’ve got dehumidifiers and humidifiers that will help ensure your home is a comfortable home.
How can I prevent indoor air quality problems?
Fortunately, preventing indoor air quality problems can be relatively easy to do. Just try these ideas:
- Radon is the number one cause of lung cancer among nonsmokers, according to estimates from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Test your home for radon. Go to www.epa.gov to find out more information and to find out if your state offers free or discounted test kits to the public.
- You should have carbon monoxide alarms positioned close to all sleeping areas.
- Make sure your home remains smoke free.
- Dust mites can inflame allergies and asthma, particularly in children. To help prevent them, keep your home clean. While even regular cleaning can’t get rid of all dust problems, you can minimize them by using a whole-home filtration system with a MERV 16 rating, the highest capture efficiency among air cleaners.
- Anything that burns gas should be vented outside.
- Don’t use scented candles or aerosol sprays to mask odors. Rather, you should find the source of the odor and destroy it.
- hobby products, paints and cleaning supplies should be low- or no-VOC (volatile organic compound), which are safer for you and the environment. Ozone is a confirmed lung irritant, so it’s best to avoid using products that produce it.
- You can help keep humidity levels comfortable using a humidifier or a dehumidifier, depending on your climate. Maintain humidity under 50% to impede mold and mildew buildup.
- Patch all leaks and cracks in your home.
- Make sure your home is properly ventilated, to stay clear of moisture problems. With a ventilation system, stale, contaminated indoor air is replaced with fresher outside air.
regularly having your HVAC equipment inspected to greatly reduce buildup of contaminants or moisture is one more easy way to keep your home healthy. You can call Econo Air in Brea at 714-408-2202 or simply make your appointment online.