Maintaining your heat pump is vital to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Southern California colder months. If you already called Econo Air for your annual heating system service, you’re definitely in control of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at (714) 695-6661 to get one on the calendar.
There are plenty of simple things you can do in between professional tune-ups to improve the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it functioning in the best shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters frequently and clean or swap them when advised. This is such a simple way to increase the airflow through your heat pump and preserve maximum efficiency.
- Check to see if your coils and fans are open for optimum airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can injure your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are ready and clear.
- If plants have budded up near your outdoor unit or litter has gathered, be sure to clean the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to confirm that it’s functioning correctly. Merely turn it on and gradually raise the temperature setting until your heat pump switches on. If it doesn’t turn on, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more plans on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our pros, call Econo Air at (714) 695-6661 or plan an appointment online. We’re happy to help!